Website R&D Transportation Services, Inc.
Job Title: Branch Manager – On Site | Management/Consulting Firm
Department: Quality Assurance Operations
Office Location: Sacramento, CA
Reports to: Vice President
FLSA Status: Salary, Exempt
Schedule: Monday – Friday
Wage Scale: $80,000.00 – $85,000.00/year
Since 1991, R&D Transportation Services, Inc. (R&D) has successfully worked with California Regional Centers and School Districts to deliver a comprehensive transportation broker model that consists of Scheduling, Billing and Contract Administration, Customer Service Center, and Quality Assurance for Field Operations. Although not a direct transportation service provider, R&D coordinates with vendors to ensure that they operate safe, reliable, and efficient transportation services for people with developmental and physical disabilities.
R&D is searching for a Branch Manager for its Sacramento (CA) office. This position will manage the branch office that provides professional services that are essential to accomplish the company’s organizational mission to promote safe, efficient, reliable, and cost-effective transportation solutions for our clients. This role will exercise administrative direction over the office to ensure contractual compliance goals and performance objectives align with high-quality operations and customer service measures. The branch manager will support the team assigned to the project area to achieve contractual service requirements and performance targets. In this capacity, this position will manage the operations of the office, and will direct and develop team members who are employed in a range of positions assigned to the project area that include and/or are not limited to the following roles: Scheduler, Customer Service Representative, Incident Compliance Specialist, and QA Specialist.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to the following:
- Administer branch operations, service, control and support human resource-related activities
- Manage staff to ensure all employees are clear on work priorities and activities, and maintain high levels of customer service
- Execute planning and operational activities to ensure branch goals and objectives are achieved
- Conduct daily huddles and communicate company goals, business strategies, new initiatives, and expectations to all staff
- Monitor performance to ensure branch metrics are met and appropriate action plans are in place to enhance customer satisfaction
- Oversee branch controls and compliance, to effectively manage risk and ensure positive internal audit ratings
- Identify training needs, identify career progression opportunities and partner with staff to create professional development plans as well as perform supervisory duties including performance evaluations, hiring, coaching and advancing disciplinary action as appropriate
- Lead the recruitment/selection of staff across business operations roles within the branch and onboarding
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding R&D, its clients and communities represented, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with personnel to uphold service standards.
- Builds partnerships with customers, resolves, and responds to escalated customer questions, complaints, and/or comments as they relate to the project area.
- Prepares comprehensive reports, correspondence, and presentations.
- Builds and maintains strong business relationships with customers and vendors.
- Generates reports and carries out special projects as requested to support organizational goals.
- Other duties assigned to meet the needs of the business.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed herein are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in Business, health and human services or related fields.
- Minimum ten years’ progressively responsible experience in Compliance Management and/or Quality Assurance; five or more in a senior manager role or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience supporting branch sites/locations; ability to guide and manage a team is required.
- Proven leadership ability, industry-specific knowledge gained through experience.
- Demonstrated management ability with team building and staff development and/or proven track record in project management leading team(s) to perform optimally in accordance to contractual/budgetary requirements.
- Strong conflict resolution skills and techniques.
- Theories, principles, practices of passenger transportation planning in the area of ADA
- Applicable local, state, and federal laws, rules, and regulations; governing regional center transportation policy
- Applicable California Vehicle Code, California Code of regulations, and Title 17
- R&D transit operations, including scheduling parameters, policies and procedures
- Passenger transit system safety culture, operations, and scheduling
- Organization and processes of local, regional, and state government, including legislative regulations
- Financial, analytical, statistical, and mathematical methods and procedures
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Excellent numeracy skills that include advanced mathematics, algebra, geometry, statistics, an ability to interpret bar graphs
- Understand, interpret and apply laws, rules, and regulations, policies, procedures, contracts, budgets, and labor agreements
- Analyze situations, identify problems, recommend solutions, and evaluate outcome
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Interact professionally with various levels of employees and outside representatives
- Professionally represent R&D before our customers
- Think and act independently
- Conduct comprehensive studies and analyses
- Establish and implement relevant policies and procedures
- Experience working with Geographic Information Systems (GIS) routing and planning technologies is preferable.
- Computer proficiency in Windows 10/11 and Microsoft Office Applicants
- Working knowledge of payroll processing, use of Paychex (or equivalent) platform preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel mostly in the use of a computer keyboard and mouse; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and color vision for use of the computer and the color differentiations in the computer routing programs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To apply for this job please visit RandDTransportationInc.appone.com.