Website R&D Transportation Services, Inc.
Job Title: Quality Assurance Specialist
Department: Field Operations
Office Location: Camarillo, Ventura County, CA
Service Region: Ventura, Santa Barbara, and San Luis Obispo Counties
Reports to: Customer Service Manager
FLSA Status: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Wage Range: $28.00-$30.00
Since 1991, R&D Transportation Services, Inc. (R&D) has successfully worked with California Regional Centers and School Districts to deliver a comprehensive brokerage model that consists of Scheduling, Billing and Contract Administration, Customer Service Center, and Quality Assurance for Field Operations. Although not a direct transportation service provider, R&D coordinates with vendors to ensure that they operate safe, reliable, and efficient transportation services for people with developmental and physical disabilities.
R&D?s Quality Assurance Department works in an oversight capacity in field operations with the multiple transportation vendors that are contracted by our customers. The department monitors vendor contractual compliance with service standards, safety, and quality. R&D?s Quality Assurance (QA) Specialists are the liaison between our customer, passengers, families, day programs, and transportation vendors. To support this important work, the QA Specialist must establish and nurture working partnerships with and between stakeholders to address and resolve service issues, complaints, and concerns. The QA Specialist position is responsible for vendor audits, compliance workshops, investigating incident reports, monitoring efficiencies in the field, and providing technical assistance to service providers as needed. Thus, effective communication and excellent time management are skills that are essential to the position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to the following:
- Monitor vendor performance to ensure safety, reliability, and effective transportation that follows Regional Center contracts and R&D?s person-centered model.
- Conduct transportation vendors? quarterly service audits to monitor operational expectations such as: vehicle / insurance requirements, driver credentials, hiring, and training procedures.
- Generate audit findings and recommendations to correct deficient areas with timelines for corrective action.
- Collaborate extensively with Scheduling Department staff regarding vehicle configurations, tentative program changes, vehicle inspections, and other vendor contract requirements that impact the routing efficiencies.
- Provide consultation, recommendations and assistance with reporting, data input, and data collection.
- Effectively communicate R&D information, including procedures, processes, manuals, trainings, and technologies to ensure consistent implementation and follow-up.
- Conduct monthly driver training workshops to educate vendors regarding driver and attendant responsibilities, proper procedures related to behavior management, passenger sensitivity, safety, and quality service delivery.
- Develop person-centered training modules to align workshops with emerging service issues.
- Educate drivers, attendants, support/administrative staff regarding operational requirements, Special Incident Reporting, and other vendor expectations.
Special Incident Reports
- Investigate, document, and submit records to appropriate parties within required timelines.
- Follow established procedures to address and resolve the reported service issue(s).
- Ensure that all reported incidents are appropriately documented through established protocols.
- Collaborate extensively with Customer Service Department staff to document effective resolutions.
- Implement results-oriented solutions that are considerate of our population with developmental disabilities.
Transportation System Efficiencies
- Conduct monthly visits to client program sites to observe service delivery by transportation providers.
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationship with day-program and transportation providers to nurture a team approach in effecting safe and quality-based service delivery to clients.
- Conduct monthly, and as needed, road observations of driver performance related to safe driving habits, route execution, on-time performance, and client interaction to ensure safe and quality-based service delivery to clients. Road observations are generally done by route audits that consist of bus shadowing or riding along with the driver in the bus.
- Collaborate extensively with Scheduling Department staff and Customer Service staff to mitigate any inconsistencies or service issues that may develop during road observations.
Partnerships with Customers
- Coordinate and facilitate internal/external meetings with customers.
- Collaborate with necessary parties to address and resolve transportation providers? service issues.
- Assist transportation providers, as appropriate, to address challenges that impede safe and quality-based service delivery.
- Effectively communicate externally with Regional Center personnel, and internally with other departments to correct service issues and achieve successful outcomes for our riders.
- Participate in monthly Vendor Advisory Committee meetings to foster communication with transportation service providers.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, abilities and education necessary to be successful in this position. Individual must be comfortable working in oversight role that requires good judgment, ethical track record, and be prepared to assert organizational goals and objectives. Additionally, must be dependable, have excellent time management skills, and be able to work independently to achieve contractual expectations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university and minimum five years of progressively responsible experience in ADA passenger operations, transportation planning, direct support profession supporting special needs population, or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Comprehensive passenger-transportation operations background preferred. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and proficiency with Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, etc.).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Excellent attention to detail, communication, and organizational skills.
Exceptional confidentiality, organizational and prioritization skills.
Strong objective/critical thinking and problem-solving skills
Knowledge of State and Federal governing transportation laws and regulations.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel and Outlook.
Proven ability of working independently to meet monthly and quarterly performance objectives.
Demonstrated ability of working remotely to support the project team.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and business correspondence, speak before groups of customers or employees of the organization, effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of customers, clients, consumers, and the general public. Effective written and verbal communication is essential to satisfy the requirements of this position.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentage, and draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to manage practical problems and complex situations. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. This position requires analytical skills and familiarity with conducting objective field investigations. Conflict resolution skills are a must.
A valid driver’s license, personal vehicle, and proof of insurance are required. Position requires use of personal vehicle for business purposes. The company will reimburse for business miles. Driving is required and is an essential function to complete field assignments.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and talk, or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. When conducting vendor audits, vehicle inspections and conducting program visits, the employee is exposed to outside weather conditions, and occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. When in the office, such exposures are not involved in the work. Although this position has an assigned work scheduled, the work hours of this position may be impacted from one day to the next depending upon the immediate need when addressing a service issue.
To apply for this job please visit RandDTransportationInc.appone.com.