Website R&D Transportation Services, Inc.
Job Title: Regional Manager
Department: Quality Assurance – Field Operations
Location: Santa Clara County
Service Region: Santa Clara County Region
Reports to: Vice President
FLSA Status: Salary, Exempt
Since 1991, R&D Transportation Services, Inc. (R&D) has successfully worked with California Regional Centers and School Districts to deliver a comprehensive brokerage model that consists of Scheduling, Billing and Contract Administration, Customer Service Center, and Quality Assurance for Field Operations. Although not a direct transportation service provider, R&D coordinates with vendors to ensure that they operate safe, reliable, and efficient transportation services for people with developmental and physical disabilities.
R&D’s Quality Assurance is essential to how we accomplish our organizational mission to promote safe, efficient, reliable, and cost-effective transportation solutions for our customers. This is supported by the important work that takes place in the area of contract compliance, safety and training and is ultimately reflected in the quality of services delivered to our passengers. For this reason, this department is held to a high standard of service delivery. Ultimately, the results-driven outcomes are manifested in the strong partnerships that R&D has built with customers over the years. The Regional Department Manager is responsible for the leadership and administration of the department, technical support/expertise, and on-going training and development of personnel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to the following:
- Management of Field Operations positions consisting of a team of QA Specialists and Travel Instructors., including staff training/development, monitoring and adhering to R&D policies/procedures that align with organizational goals and objectives
- Communicates and implement safety rules, organizational policies, and procedures and maintain accountability for the performance of all subordinate employees
- Develops department guidelines, strategies, and policies.
- Assigns functions/projects to department staff and continuously evaluates the productivity, efficiency, and effectiveness of the department
- Ensures that QA and Travel Training departments meets quarterly and semi-annual performance measures in alignment with contract expectations
- Provides technical support and policy guidance to interface with other departments
- Nurtures and maintains open communication between department staff for the purpose of keeping all informed of items pertinent to them, their region, and/or the company
- Looks for opportunities to expand IT to build capacity and improve capabilities of the department to enhance service delivery to our customers
- Coaches, advises, guides and provides technical support to Field Operations team
- Builds and maintains strong business relationships with identified client/customer base
- Interacts with various departments and outside agencies to coordinate schedule and procedural changes and ensure quality service, including community outreach and public speaking
- Supports all basic training programs
- Manages remote staff
- Monitors business results: ensuring the region is meeting all contract duties and commitments
- Ensures that project teams meets quarterly and semi-annual vendor audits in alignment with customers’ contractual expectations
- Reviews performance projections for the region, analyzing them, and developing action plans
- Understands customer contracts, compliance objectives to appropriately identify, track, and manage contract performance trends
- Ensures process, policy, and initiatives related to compliance; ensures business tools are applied effectively
- Provides coaching to staff to ensure consistent process implementation
- Confirms coaching plans and documents corresponding action items for team members
- Ensures department staff attend workshops, seminars, and learning events
- Identifies and provides opportunities for staff to participate in policy, process, and program design as well as project team meetings
Safety & Training
- Ensures that the department meets and exceeds quarterly and semi-annual driver training workshops to align with customers’ service expectations
- Communicates and implements safety rules, policies, and procedures in support of the agency’s safety vision and goals; and maintains accountability for the safety performance of all staff
- Maintains, supports, and promotes a safe work environment while complying with all R&D’s safety rules, policies, and procedures
- Directs the investigation of accidents or special incident reports to identify trends and training needs, minimize recurrence, determine responsibility, and assess discipline, if applicable
Building Partnerships with Customers
- Resolves and responds to escalated customer questions, complaints, and comments as they relate to the department
- Prepares comprehensive reports, correspondence, and presentations
- Builds and maintains strong business relationships with customers and vendors
- Conducts special projects as requested by the company
- Other duties assigned to meet the needs of the business
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed herein are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A) from four-year college or university required
- Minimum ten years’ progressively responsible experience in Quality Assurance; five or more in a senior manager role or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience supporting multiple sites/locations; ability to provide guidance and management from a remote location required
- Proven leadership ability, industry-specific knowledge gained through experience
- Demonstrated management ability with staff management and development and/or proven track record in project management leading team(s) to perform optimally in accordance to contractual/budgetary requirements
- Strong conflict resolution skills and techniques
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Theories, principles, practices of passenger transportation planning in the area of ADA
- Applicable local, state, and federal laws, rules, and regulations; governing regional center transportation policy
- Applicable California Vehicle Code, California Code of regulations, and Title 17
- Passenger transit system safety culture, operations, and scheduling
- Organization and processes of local, regional, and state government, including legislative regulations
- Financial, analytical, statistical, and mathematical methods and procedures
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Excellent numeracy skills that include advanced mathematics, algebra, geometry, statistics, an ability to interpret bar graphs
- Understand, interpret and apply laws, rules, and regulations, policies, procedures, contracts, budgets, and labor agreements
- Analyze situations, identify problems, recommend solutions, and evaluate outcome
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Interact professionally with various levels of employees and outside representatives
- Professionally represent R&D before our customers
- Think and act independently
- Conduct comprehensive studies and analyses
- Establish and implement relevant policies and procedures
- Experience with Versatrans routing and planning system preferable. However, experience with other computerized routing and planning programs will be considered
- Computer proficiency in Windows 7 and Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of payroll processing, use of Paychex (or equivalent) platform preferred
- A valid driver’s license, personal vehicle, and proof of insurance are required. Position requires use of personal vehicle for business purposes. Company will reimburse for business miles. Regular travel is required within the designated service region.
- The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk and talk, or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or moved up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To apply for this job please visit RandDTransportationInc.appone.com.