Job Title: Transportation Scheduler, Passenger Services
FLSA Status: Full Time, Day shift, Monday – Friday, Non-exempt
Location: Camarillo, California corporate headquarters
Hours: Monday – Friday 8 :30 am to 5:30 pm.
About R&D Transportation
Since 1991, R&D Transportation Services, Inc. (R&D) has successfully worked with California Regional Centers and School Districts to deliver a comprehensive brokerage model that consists of Scheduling, Billing and Contract Administration, Customer Service Center, and Quality Assurance for Field Operations. Although not a direct transportation service provider, R&D coordinates with vendors to ensure that they operate safe, reliable, and efficient transportation services for people with developmental and physical disabilities.
The Transportation Scheduler will be responsible to maintain all transportation scheduling and routing services for special needs individuals to support an assigned project area. We are looking for an experienced candidate preferably with GIS experience and an excellent background in customer service, technical expertise, and organizational skills. A background in transportation scheduling and routing is a plus.
include, but are not limited to the following:
Scheduling/Transportation Service Coordination
- Use Versatrans RP Computerized Routing & Planning GIS Software, to schedule passenger routes in accordance with service requirements for respective projects
- Maintain updated participant records in Versatrans RP and use Excel spreadsheets and provide monthly reports to the manager by assigned deadlines,
- Maintain participant record to reflect the appropriate Purchase of Service (POS) for transportation and/or bus passes,
- Collaborate extensively with contracted transportation vendors regarding regular changes, additions, cancellations, service expectations, etc.,
- Understand customer expectations, special needs population, and vendor service requirements,
- Maintain a comprehensive and accurate database of program schedules by area, vendor vehicle configurations and rider files related to special needs requirements,
- Collaborate and proactively communicate across departments regarding pertinent items, their region, and/or service changes,
- Provide resources to assist individuals and care providers to apply for discounted monthly bus passes, and/or to coordinate any necessary appointments to determine eligibility for various modes of generic transportation systems, such as paratransit, dial-a-ride, community transportation options, etc.
- Generate and maintain digital files in company network for all transportation access plans
Transportation Assessments/Travel Training Coordination
- Review information from regional center social worker to evaluate transportation needs related to functional mobility and/or cognitive challenges,
- Develop an individualized trip plan that supports the travel goals and objectives of the individual to their place of work, school, or day program,
- Research community transportation resources and maintain/update public transit resource database,
- Maintain accurate student records and generate monthly reports within deadline,
- Provide resources to assist individuals to apply for discounted monthly bus passes, and/or to coordinate any necessary appointments to determine eligibility for generic transportation systems, such as Paratransit, Dial-A-Ride, community transportation options, etc.,
- Generate and maintain digital files in company network for all transportation assessments and travel training participants,
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with local public transit agencies as needed.
Reporting / Special Projects
- Analyze cost of proposed additions/changes to existing transportation systems,
- Review accuracy of billing reports, statistical information and compliance for vendor contracts and project budgets. Conduct complex planning, implementation, funding, and analytical projects. Apply, develop and evaluate analytical and quantitative statistical tools,
- Evaluate costs, benefits, and risks of alternative vendor selections,
- Prepare comprehensive reports, correspondence, and presentations.
Building Partnerships with Customers
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with regional center case management team, day programs, and service providers. Resolve and respond to customer needs in a timely manner.
*Other related duties may be assigned.
*Bachelor’s degree (B.A) from four-year college or university; minimum five years’ progressively responsible experience in passenger operations, transportation planning, GIS or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Essential knowledge and abilities
- GIS experience preferred
- Experience with Versatrans routing and planning system preferable; however, will consider experience with other computerized routing and planning programs.
- Passenger transit system safety culture, operations, and scheduling experience preferred
- Excellent customer service, problem solving, time management, and critical thinking skills
- Knowledge of theories, principles, practices of passenger transportation planning in the area of ADA.Understanding of applicable local, state, and federal laws, rules, and regulations; governing transportation policy, preferred
- Organization and processes of local, regional, and state government, including legislative regulations
- Financial, analytical, statistical, and mathematical methods and procedures
- Understanding of public transportation service options in designated service area
- Computer literacy skills, proficiency in MS Excel, MS Word and PowerPoint applications
- Attention to detail and ability to identify errors or inconsistencies
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints
- Excellent numeracy skills and ability to interpret bar graphs
- Excellent oral, written communication and customer service skills
- Ability to think and act independently
- Conduct comprehensive studies and analyses
- Establish and implement relevant policies and procedures
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel mostly in the use of a computer keyboard and mouse; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or a move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and color vision for use of the computer and the color differentiations in the computer routing programs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and physical demands of the position.
To apply for this job please visit RandDTransportationInc.appone.com.