Website R&D Transportation Services, Inc.
The Vendor Contract Analyst works within R&D’s Transportation Planning Department to support the company’s resource development efforts and established vendor contracts. This process involves the coordination of new service agreements, and routine contract functions that include amendments and/or renewals. This position is responsible to develop and maintain business relationships with prospective and existing vendors. Therefore, effective and timely communication is expected in interdepartmental, interagency, and professional meetings. The ideal candidate must have excellent time management skills, must be comfortable working within an operational environment that requires extensive documentation, and must be detailed-oriented with a focus on accuracy and completeness of work.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to the following:
- Collaborates with R&D customers to assist prospective vendors to navigate through the Centers’ vendor application process
- Corresponds with prospective vendors regarding inquiries or eligibility requirements
- Effectively communicates with vendors regarding service expectations and compliance items
- Performs internal screening process to evaluate if vendors will meet contract and service expectations
- Provides guidance and technical assistance to prospective vendors through the vendor development process
- Reviews prospective vendor cost statements for accuracy and completeness
- Collaborates regularly with vendors to ensure timely submissions of corresponding documentation in order to move the process forward
- Serves as company liaison between internal and external parties during contract development and negotiation phases
- After vendors are established, coordinates service implementation activities with respective project teams
- Assists with RFP process to expand vendor development efforts in specified service region
Vendor Contract Administration
- Generates contract drafts, revisions, and amendments as needed
- Works with vendors to ensure timely execution of contracts
- Keeps management team informed of all activity through timely preparation of reports
- Understands R&D customer needs and service requirements
- Tracks contract origination/termination dates, terms, designated signing agents, etc.
- Effectively communicates with appropriate departments regarding the status of all contracts
- Proactively communicates with management team and other agencies regarding delays,discrepancies,etc.
- Provides contract summaries and helps to ensure timely contract execution consistent with company policies
- Collaborates with Centers to ensure that contracts adhere to their respective service expectations
- Communicates changes/updates to customer requirements and effectively interprets these expectations to align policies and procedures to all related service agreements
- Responds to customer needs by faxing, scanning, emailing, and/or through other web-based applications
- Ensures that contracts are established in accordance with respective project requirements related to quality, objectives, schedules and other specifications
- Prepares reports, correspondence, and presentations as needed
- Maintains physical and digital files of contracts and corresponding records
- Maintains current resource documents (i.e. insurance certificates, business licenses, etc).
- Other related duties may be assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must possess the following skills/knowledge and abilities. The requirements below are a representation of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability and education/experience required to be successful in this position.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills including strong presentation skills
- Excellent customer service skills (3+ years preferable)
- Theories, principles, practices of passenger transportation planning in the area of ADA is preferable
- Computer literacy skills, proficiency in MS Office Suite: Outlook, Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint
- Financial, analytical, statistical, and mathematical methods and procedures
- Excellent reading and language comprehension
- Attention to detail and the ability to identify errors or inconsistencies
- Ability to gather, relate and summarize information into logical conclusions
- Ability to prioritize projects and manage time effectively
- Ability to collaborate with team at all levels of the organization
Education and Experience:
- BA or BS degree from an accredited college or university
- 3+ years of experience with contract administration work within state and federally funded agencies desirable
- Experience with analysis of agreements and negotiating contract terms and conditions
This is a sedentary position in an office setting which involves sitting for long periods of time. Lifting requirements may be up to 10 pounds.
To apply for this job please visit RandDTransportationInc.appone.com.