Website R&D Transportation Services, Inc.
R&D is looking for a full time Vendor Billing Specialist for their billing administration department. This is a mid-level position with opportunity for growth. We are looking for someone with a finance background, proficiency in MS Office Excel , excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
R&D’s Transportation Planning Department is the gateway to how we accomplish our organizational mission to promote safe, efficient, reliable, and cost-effective transportation solutions for our customers. This begins with important work that takes place in the area of vendor contract administration, computerized routing and scheduling, and is ultimately reflected in the quality of our billings services. For this reason, the quality of the key performance indicators of this department is held to a high standard of service delivery. Ultimately, the result-driven outcomes are manifested in the strong partnerships that R&D has built with customers over the past 30 years. This position is primarily responsible for processing vendor billing submissions, as well as providing clerical support to the department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to the following:
Vendor Billing Administration
- Examine and process vendor billing invoices within established timelines to ensure electronic fund transfers satisfy contractual expectations and billing timelines
- Collaborate with Schedulers to resolve billing inconsistencies and errors for vendor submissions that exceed the scheduled allowable units
- Responsible for working extensively with regional center fiscal department on fiscal year end POS transition,
- Create invoices and billing materials that are sent to vendors and Regional Centers
- Complete and reconcile Monthly/Adds Deletes reports to monitor that Centers process Purchase of Services (POS) authorizations appropriately
- Generate monthly quantitative billing authorization reports
- Process and notify vendors of liquidated damages in alignment with vendor contracts
- Collect data and track coordination with vendors and customers in the areas of vendor information, monthly report data, quarterly progress report data, cost-savings plans, loophole discovery, vendor billing hours, rate methodologies, data print-outs, reporting formats, procedural applications, consultation, and support.
- Research, resolve, and respond to customer questions, complaints and comments as they relate to the department
- Responsible for following the most recent DDS guidelines and directives that apply to transportation provider requirements and reimbursement
- Providing clear communications to service providers that align with the DDS directives.
- Prepare and present reports, correspondence, and presentations
- Generate accurate billing reports (include routing and ridership figures) that are the product of the work generated by the Scheduling Department
- Generate monthly customized billing reports (using Excel) as requested by customers and department manager
- Other duties as assigned
Building Partnerships with Customers
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with the R&D team, transportation service providers and regional center staff. Resolve and respond to customer needs in a timely manner.
- Other related duties may be assigned.
Bachelor’s degree (B.S) in finance, accounting or a BA from four-year college or university; minimum three – five years’ progressively responsible experience in billing administration or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Demonstrated ability in accounting principles, procedures, auditing, accounts payable, and computerized routing/scheduling software a plus. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and proficiency with MS Applications, particularly working with advanced Excel are required.
Essential knowledge and abilities:
- Accounting theories, principles, and practices
- Financial, analytical, statistical, and mathematical methods and procedures
- Advanced level of proficiency using MS Excel
- Organized, time management, prioritization ability
- Passenger transit system safety culture, operations, and scheduling
- Applicable local, state, and federal laws, rules, and regulations; governing transportation policy
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Excellent numeracy skills that include advanced mathematics, algebra, geometry, statistics, and an ability to interpret bar graphs
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Interact professionally with various levels of employees and outside representatives
- Conduct comprehensive studies and analyses
- Computer proficiency in Windows 10 and Microsoft Office 365
- Highly proficient in use of Excel spreadsheets for data tabulation and reporting purposes
- Experience with Versatrans routing and planning system preferable. However, experience with other computerized routing and planning programs will be considered.
To apply for this job please visit RandDTransportationInc.appone.com.