R&D Transportation Services, Inc.
Job Title: Customer Service Representative
Department: Customer Service
Location: Camarillo, CA
Reports To: Customer Service Manager
FLSA Status: 20-25 – Hours, Non – Exempt
Hours: Monday – Friday (schedule may vary)
R&D Transportation Services, Inc. (R&D) is a transportation management and consulting firm that for over 25 years, has successfully worked with California Regional Centers and School Districts to deliver a comprehensive brokerage model that consists of Scheduling, Billing and Contract Administration, Customer Service Center, and Quality Assurance for Field Operations. Although not a direct transportation service provider, R&D coordinates with vendors to ensure that they operate safe , reliable, and efficient transportation services for people with developmental and/or physical disabilities.
The part time Customer Service Representative responds to participant concerns, inquiries, and reports problems to supervisor or other departments such as Scheduling and Quality Assurance, by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- notify of service schedules
- provide late bus notifications
- respond to concerns and questions
- obtain additional information to process service chance requests
- obtain and document additional information when a customer re ports a concern or complaint
- Other duties may be assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Written, verbal and organizational skills
- Confidentiality of all information is essential
- Computer Skills (familiar use with Excel, Word , Access and Outlook )
- Ability to effectively communicate in English.
- Bilingual preferred (Spanish)
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively with customers and co – workers.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from customers, participants, and vendors.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in standardized situations
- Knowledge of Zultys Phone System preferred
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
High school diploma, some college preferred; or two to four years related experience and/or training in a high volume call center required; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Background in Sociology, Psychology, Communication or related discipline preferred. Passing score on new hire tests. Familiarity with use of computers and software programs required. Familiarity with use of the Internet required. Ability to read city maps required.
Ability to effectively communicate in English and Spanish required. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively with customers and co – workers. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from customers, consumers, and vendors.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio , and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several variables on standardi zed situations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly be required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel in the use of phones, computers, and fax machines; and talk or listen. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms to operate computer, reach phone, lift files and boxes. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
To apply for this job please visit RandDTransportationInc.appone.com.