R&D Transportation Services, Inc.
Job Title: Customer Service Representative-Bilingual
Department: Customer Service
Location: Sacramento, CA
Reports To: Regional Manager
FLSA Status: Fulltime, Non-Exempt
Schedule: Monday-Friday; 6:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Wage Scale: $18.00 – $19.00
Since 1991, R&D Transportation Services, Inc. (R&D) has successfully worked with California Regional Centers and School Districts to deliver a comprehensive brokerage model that consists of Scheduling, Billing and Contract Administration, Customer Service Center, and Quality Assurance for Field Operations. Although not a direct transportation service provider, R&D coordinates with vendors to ensure that they operate safe, reliable, and efficient transportation services for people with developmental and physical disabilities.
Responds to participant concerns, inquiries, and reports problems to supervisor or other departments such as Scheduling and Quality Assurance, by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Talks with participants, family and/or care providers, Regional Center personnel, and transportation vendors by phone (high volume inbound and outbound calls) to:
- notify of service schedules,
- provide late bus notifications,
- respond to concerns and questions,
- obtain additional information to process service change requests,
- obtain and document additional information when a customer reports a concern or complaint,
- Other duties may be assigned,
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Written, verbal and organizational skills,
- Confidentiality of all information is essential,
- Computer Skills (familiar use with Excel, Word, Access and Outlook),
- Typing proficiency skills with a min. 45WPM and min.95% accuracy,
- Spanish language required,
- Ability to effectively communicate in English and Spanish,
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence,
- Ability to speak effectively with customers and co-workers,
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from customers, participants, and vendors,
- Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in standardized situations,
- Knowledge of Zultys Phone System,
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
High school diploma, some college preferred; or two to four years related experience and/or training in a high-volume call center required; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Passing score on new hire tests. Familiarity with use of computers and software programs required. Familiarity with the use of the Internet required. Ability to read city maps required.
Ability to effectively communicate in English and Spanish. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively with customers and co-workers. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from customers, consumers, and vendors.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in standardized situations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel in the use of phones, computers, and fax machines; and talk or listen. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms to operate a computer, reach phone, lift files and boxes. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
To apply for this job please visit RandDTransportationInc.appone.com.