Website R&D Transportation Services, Inc.
Job Title: Incident Compliance Specialist
Department: Customer Services
Location: Camarillo, CA
Reports to: Customer Service Manager
FLSA Status: Full-Time, Hourly (Non-Exempt)
Since 1991, R&D Transportation Services, Inc. (R&D) has successfully worked with California Regional Centers and School Districts to deliver a comprehensive brokerage model that consists of Scheduling, Billing and Contract Administration, Customer Service Center, and Quality Assurance for Field Operations. Although not a direct transportation service provider, R&D coordinates with vendors to ensure that they operate safe, reliable, and efficient transportation services for people with developmental and physical disabilities.
To support the services outlined above, R&D’s Incident Compliance Specialist will assist the department Supervisor with oversight of the Special Incident Report (SIR) Unit by providing ongoing training and development for personnel to ensure that department productivity and service quality standards are achieved. The SIR unit is responsible for the fact-gathering and follow-up of incidents related to contracted transportation service providers. In our role as a liaison, it is important to objectively gather facts from all parties (program staff, family/care-provider, and Regional Center personnel) to collaborate with transportation vendors in order to support proper reporting and to achieve resolutions for incidents that occur on the bus during transportation hours. For this reason, the quality of the performance of this department is held to a high standard of service delivery. The ideal candidate for this position will be an individual who is committed to helping persons with disabilities, have excellent time-management skills, is able to work independently and has exceptional interpersonal skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
Special Incident Reports Responsibilities:
• Investigate, document, and submit records to appropriate parties within required timelines.
• Collaborate extensively with Customer Service, Scheduling, and QA Departments to document effective resolutions.
• Follow established procedures to address and resolve the reported service issue(s).
• Implement results-oriented solutions that are considerate of our population with developmental disabilities.
• Ensure that all reported incidents are appropriately documented through established protocols.
• Communicate effectively with Regional Center personnel and/or contractors regarding behavior modification efforts for individuals with the goal to reinstate transportation services when possible
• Collaborate extensively with various parties with the goal to help riders successfully continue to use curb-to-curb transportation services
• Document follow up for each reported special incident, close out and record in MS Access Log (Incident Report Log).
• Generate periodic reports as requested by department Supervisor or Manager.
Incident Compliance Specialist Responsibilities:
• Support Department Supervisor to nurture and maintain effective inter-departmental communication (with Customer Service, Scheduling, and Quality Assurance staff) for the purpose of keeping all informed of items pertinent to them, their region, and/or the company
• Respond to escalated calls from customers and address their issues and/or concerns
• Assist with staff (new and existing) training/development to monitor adherence with department and company policies & procedures that align with organization goals and objectives
• Monitor SIR Unit staff to ensure daily tasks are being performed and completed during scheduled work hours
• Capture, track and trend department productivity, performance and efficiencies using Excel spreadsheets, reports and like media
• Identify process gaps and deficiencies and communicate recommendations and process improvement opportunities
• Assist with the development and quality control metrics for SIR Unit to ensure that performance and productivity standards are met or exceeded
• Implement quality control measures in compliance with state regulations
• Apply feedback received from family members, care providers, day program, transportation companies and/or Regional Center personnel, to further develop the department and improve service quality and productivity
• Coordinate with SIR Unit staff to cover for absences or vacation requests
• Monitor breaks and lunches of unit personnel
******Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are a representation of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability and education/experience required to be successful in this position.
KNOWLEDGE and ABILITIES:
• Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Ability to effectively communicate in English and Spanish
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
• Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in written format
• Ability to prioritize projects and manage time effectively
• Interact professionally with various levels of employees and outside representatives
• Professionally represent R&D before vendors and customers
• Think and act independently while exercising good judgement
• Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in standardized situations
• Establish and implement relevant policies and procedures
• Computer proficiency in Windows 10 operating system and Microsoft Office
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year university degree in the field of Sociology, Psychology, Social Work or Public Health. Combined academic and minimum of three (3) years progressive customer service experience is preferred. Proficient use of computer and software programs required. Familiarity with use of the internet and ability to read city maps required. Knowledge of competencies and skills measured as Key Performance Measures (KPIs) for Customer Service Department.
This is a sedentary position in an office setting which involves sitting for long periods of time. Lifting requirements may be up to 10 pounds.
To apply for this job please visit RandDTransportationInc.appone.com.